HELP EVE Please !!

M

mikolaj

Hi. My axie Eve i sick. I am very scared because her legs look pretty bad. There is some white threads on the ends of her fingers and toes which disappears one by one, piece by piece. Few toes are already missing. I've tried some fish medicines but it didn't help. Now I am trying with salty baths but I am afraid it also doesn't help. She also has eyes problems- right now her right eye is white inside. I don't know what else can be done to help her. I attach a picture but now it looks even worse. Please help us !!!

49880.jpg

49881.jpg

(Message edited by jennewt on December 13, 2005)

you say there are some white threads? could the be anchor worms anyone? i dont see any in the pictures though

I think the "threads" are just decaying pieces of the toes. This can be caused by poor water quality or disease. Continue the salt baths.

Cloudy eyes can be caused by either infection or excess fatty foods. If it is infection, the salt bath should be helpful for this too.

How long have you had the axolotl? Can you test the water for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate? What do you feed her?

hey, i think it might be fungus but im not to sure, id just give it salt baths and see if it improves. but im not to sure.

I have got her for one year. She seems ill for 2 months-the eyes were misty, she moves slowly, she is sad. I fed her first with small shrimps (she used to like it when she lived with my friend-before) but since I started to give her pieces of cod she doesn't want to eat shrimps. Now she eats little. She dosen't want cod so I give her pieces of chicken breast. The disappearing toes are main problem, I am afraid that this white substance also attacked HER gills. I think of giving her some medicine. I once put sth called sera MYCOPUR. After that she was very live}ly but I don't know if it helped. I would try it once again but it contains some acriflavine, cupric chlorine, cupric sulfate. I don't have an opportunity to test water parameters, but I changed it lately. WHAT ELSE CAN BE DONE TO HELP HER ???
49945.jpg
49946.jpg
49947.jpg

do you have Furan-2 over there? its a fish medicine but people on here have had good success with it. go to www.axolotl.org and have a browse through there, down the bottom of one page there is a list of safe and unsafe medicines.

(Message edited by sharn on December 14, 2005)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back