Help needed with salamanders found in my pool

bznstah

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

I am a new homeowner in Georgia, USA and my house has a pool that has been left unattended for at least a year. Today the pool guy came over and started the cleaning process by adding lots of chemicals to the water and I quickly removed as many salamanders, which I originally thought were tadpoles, and placed them in a bucket with fresh water. I'm having a hard time identifying what kind of salamander/newt they are to provide better care, so I'm hoping you guys can help me.

There's a small pond in the woods behind my house, and I was planning on releasing them there. I also have a 10-gallon aquarium that I would love to care for some of them, but would need some guidance. I look forward to your advice.

Here's a video of them in the bucket I currently have them on.
Picture of one:
20200528_191936.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back