Illness/Sickness: Help please!

Maxilotl

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, i've had my axolotl for 8 years and she's always been quite healthy. She has always had a sand substrate tank and i have not changed her diet or environment recently but she hasn't been to the toilet in about 2 weeks. I've been fridging her for the last 2 days at about 6-7°C and still nothing. She's still active and has no problem walking around in the container but shouldn't something have happened by now?? It seems like everyone else's on here goes pretty much straight away and i'm starting to get a little worried.

I know you have probably though of this, or ruled it out, and you know your axie pretty well by now, but sometimes my axie doesn’t go for days, and then makes up for it with an epic poo. I also suspect sometimes he does poop at night, and then disperses it around the tank with his antics while I’m asleep.

Sounds like you’re doing everything right, is she still eating at all?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back