Help with some eggs I purchased

XxGinaxX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time posting so I hope I am in the right place for this. Apologies if I have made a mistake. Anyways, I purchased some axolotl eggs and they came Tuesday after 24 hours in the post. I noticed a few seemed to be a bit misshapen and for the life of me I can't place them on the charts about egg development. So, I decided I'd try to ask others who have had axolotl eggs if they believe these eggs are viable or not. I believe two of the small clutch are shaping up nicely, but the others are a mystery to me. I hope the images are helpful! Thank you in advance! (sorry if the pictures are bad quality, I tried to make them as clear as possible)
DSC_1504.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_1507.JPG
    DSC_1507.JPG
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 146
Leave them for another few days and see where you are at.

It looks like you might be at the blooming stage which leads to beaning.

Thank you for replying!

That is what I am planning on doing. The thing is that has me confused is that they were laid 21st of September, which means they are coming up to two weeks old. The breeder said that they had been stored at low temperatures to prevent them from developing too quickly. I'll stick to monitoring them for now. Maybe they are just slow developers haha. Fingers crossed.

Ugh they put them in the fridge!!!

They may or may not bounce back with fridging.

Thank you for replying!

That is what I am planning on doing. The thing is that has me confused is that they were laid 21st of September, which means they are coming up to two weeks old. The breeder said that they had been stored at low temperatures to prevent them from developing too quickly. I'll stick to monitoring them for now. Maybe they are just slow developers haha. Fingers crossed.

Ugh they put them in the fridge!!!

They may or may not bounce back with fridging.

Mm. That is what I suspected. I have another batch from a different breeder that are developing much better and should be hatching this week. Sucks about these ones, but not much I can do about it now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back