Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

HELP!!!

J

josh

Hi, I am thinking abut getting a tree frog but i need to know the following:
1)what do they eat
2)what size tank 1 needs
3)what to put in the tank e.g plants,rocks
4)how to look after them (eg.food(how often)genral care)

(Message edited by raz on April 19, 2005)

J

jeff

First of all, it's important to know what species you would like to get. A White's treefrog (L. caerulea) has much different requirements than a red-eyed treefrog (A. callidryas). Only then will we have a better understating of what you'll need to do in order to prepare for one.

andrew

Reaction score
In any case, all tree frogs need lots of vertical space. Tall tanks are best, lots of climbing plants too. And just a water dish, tree frogs arent usually good swimmers.
Most tree frogs are very active and require food often, I'd say at least once a day.
I'm sure you will get better info from the experts on this forum when you decide on a species. Good luck.

J

josh

the spieceis i'd like to get
ufo.gif
is a american treefrog

J

jeff

Do you mean a Green Treefrog (Hyla cinerea)? This is probably the most common "American treefrog".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1