Help!

T

tyler

I was really hoping someone could tell me where i could order salamander or newt eggs online. i'm conducting a project to show the life cycle of newts to my 7th grade class, and I couldn't find anywhere to buy eggs.

indiana university will sell to educators, but also you can try carolina biological -just remember that these animals must not be 'released' into the wild when your class is done with them, though considered a grand gesture it is both illegal and immoral to release non native species. if you live in a location that has native species you might be able to collect an egg mass and raise them till they hatch or morph (which ever is your desired time frame) for this you will need to contact your local wildlife office and discuss the matter with them-the rules vary from state to state....

do you know of any private breeders where i could get some eggs?

Well If you keep your eye on the sales forum you might just come across some.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back