Her name is Fred..

Aneesas Muse

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone!

I have a new Axolotl and I am brand new here, so I figured I might as well introduce myself ..well, us.. the Zoo, too! :D

The Axolotl is from a friend ..she recommended the forum, actually. Fred is a leucistic ..and about 5" or so, STL. I have her in my live planted 30g, temporarily, and she seems to be doing fine. Feeding is a little different for her here, I think, but we will work that out ...as I have been using tongs to guide her and get her accustomed to some of the live foods I offer.

The rest of my Zoo includes mostly reptiles ..snakes, lizards, a tortoise, a goofy pacman frog, some tarantulas and tropical roaches, a few cavies, some rattie kids and even meece... oh, and a robo hamster, too! I have fresh and marine tanks set up.. and I have chickens! I also have a husband and two college kids! ;)

I rescue quite a few unwanted animals.. which is why there's 15 snakes, 5 big lizards, 1 little one, 16 geckos and one gonna hatch any minute ....10 tarantulas, a LOT of Hissers and Dubias, 7 cavies, 15 ratties, 8 meece ..and so on. I bring them home, do any necessary rehabilitation and reconditioning ..try to find the best forever home for them ....or keep them here with me, in some special situations. :eek:

So, that's me in a nutshell... I'm Aminah :happy:

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a zoo. That would be cool, but I imagine its expensive.

Hi Aminah and welcome to the forum!

Wow, what a zoo! Must keep you busy ;)

Cheers Jacq.

Thanks for the welcome!

The Zoo definitely keeps me busy, but the expense is really only time ..since I do a lot of gardening (food for veg heads) and raising other food items (the bugs) ..and I receive donated items for housing, etc. . I also try to catch the UV lighting, heating and dry goods on sale and just stock up ...and buying bulk frozen/thawed rodents is the only way to go! :D

If interested, there's quite a few pics on my Reptile Geeks page ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back