Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Herping for Hong Kong Warty Newt and Amphibian Cultural influence to Japan and Hong Kong

Yahilles

Reaction score
Well, I don't know that much about shrimps. However, I got this straight from the Hong Kong Hill Stream Field Guide from the Government. It is possible that other shrimp in Hong Kong might look similar and not documented in this field guide. But the photo on the field guide is very similar.
Some other user (sorry, i don't remember) who was searching for HK newts have written on forum species of shrimps from field guide (i saved the list on my disk) and there are these species:
Code:
<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.1  (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> 	<!-- 		@page { size: 21cm 29.7cm; margin: 2cm } 		P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } 	--> 	</style> Shrimps: Macrobrachium hainanense, Macrobrachium nipponense, Caridina cantonensis, Caridina trifasciata
And when you search Google, the photos you find at both Caridina species searching, are mostly captive created colorful variations similiar to Red Bee or Biene.

Crysta

Reaction score
Hong Kong is good for newts wild,
but as with most china, too many wild caught that sold in shops, is not very good.
but very pretty to look at.

thank you for the very interesting story. it was a good adventure for you :)

A

achiinto

Some other user (sorry, i don't remember) who was searching for HK newts have written on forum species of shrimps from field guide (i saved the list on my disk) and there are these species:
Code:
<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.1  (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> 	<!-- 		@page { size: 21cm 29.7cm; margin: 2cm } 		P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } 	--> 	</style> Shrimps: Macrobrachium hainanense, Macrobrachium nipponense, Caridina cantonensis, Caridina trifasciata
And when you search Google, the photos you find at both Caridina species searching, are mostly captive created colorful variations similiar to Red Bee or Biene.

I think that person was ME, and this the my second attempt to search for it. :)
Thanks for the back up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1