Herping in the UK?

ShaQuL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Luk
Anyone here herped in the UK?

When I was younger (and before cameras on phones were good), I used to go herping (not known that word before) with my brother in the Peak District, and saw quite a lot of newts in man made ponds around the fields. They were there no matter the weather along with nymphs. I'm not exactly sure which newts they were as it was a long time ago, but it was most likely Lissotriton helveticus or Lissotriton vulgaris.

Now that I'm older, I want to herp properly; so anyone in the UK (preferably Peak District area) have any tips?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back