Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hey guys,

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
My name is Melissa Marie, born and raised in the Bronx, New York. Got into herping almost 5 years ago and I've just never stopped. I always loved animals. Growing up I would be glued to the TV screen watching Steve Irwin on Animal Planet. Around the age of 7, I wanted to work with dolphins.
As I got older I grew out of that dream and I went to school for Health Information Technology. Im the first in my family to graduate college with a Bachelors Degree Applied Sciences, Health Administration. My internship experience wasn't the best, and I come to realized that Administration isn't the route I want to take as a career.
Since graduating, I picked up the hobby of herping. And I've grown to love learning on husbandry and working with a variety of animals. Reptiles and amphibians mostly.
I began owning amphibians first and got really into reptiles. Im currently gaining more knowledge on keeping snakes. And at the moment I'm working with Northern White Lipped Pythons. But, I do miss learning more with amphibians.

I have a Instagram account, strictly for my babies (@AmphibiGirl).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1