Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and hoping to meet others who have Axolotls

Pashino

Reaction score
Monster.jpg
Pashino.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm Joan and new to this site. I have an 8 year old axolotl that we rescued and raised from a baby. She is our second rescue, unfortunately our 5 year old passed last year. What a beauty he was. Still saddened
Pedro Patron @ 6 months.jpg
by the loss. Funny how attached we can get. His name was Pedro Patron but I called him my monster.
Pashino is my 8 year old white axolotl. She's much bigger but maybe little too much.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and seeing photos of your axolotls.

Attachments

• Pedro Patron.jpg
    Pedro Patron.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 110

BasilBear

Reaction score
Hello! Aww Pashino is adorable, I love her gills! I am so sorry about Pedro Patron that must be very hard but from what I see your tank looks beautiful and I bet he had a wonderful life:). I might be wrong but I think I see live plants in your tank! That’s so great, I’ve been desperately trying to keep my plants alive. I was wondering what type of plants they are?

The-Axolotl

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this website aswell your axolotls are so cute these are my two axie and jerald (sorry about the lighting)

Attachments

• WIN_20220117_14_47_53_Pro_LI.jpg
    WIN_20220117_14_47_53_Pro_LI.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 112
  • WIN_20220117_14_36_30_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220117_14_36_30_Pro.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 101

Pashino

Reaction score
Hello! Aww Pashino is adorable, I love her gills! I am so sorry about Pedro Patron that must be very hard but from what I see your tank looks beautiful and I bet he had a wonderful life:). I might be wrong but I think I see live plants in your tank! That’s so great, I’ve been desperately trying to keep my plants alive. I was wondering what type of plants they are?
Sorry I didn't get back to you about the plant question. A friend of mine used these tiny seeds that grew beautiful plants I tried them once and they did very well. I even had to pull some out because they were taking over the top of the tank. I didn't use them as a ground plant but attached them to the shelter rock I used. I bought them on Amazon. Heres the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SPBLV3Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or you can look them up:

Aquarium Grass Plants Seeds,Aquatic Double Leaf Carpet Water Grass,Oxygenating Weed Live Pond Plant Seeds,Fish Aquatic Water Grass Decor,Easy to Plant Grow Maintain (Green-S D L)​

AxoHooman

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have had axolots for about three months now, two fairly young ones called Guapo (spanish for handsome) and Citrine (A yellow gemstone). My axos were not cooperating and I couldn't take pictures lol

BasilBear

Reaction score
Welcome, I love your axolotls names! I think you are going to really enjoy it here. I for one have learned so much for everyone in this community:).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!