Hi I'm new

luvmycreatures

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone
I already posted a plea for help a couple of days ago (help received thanks!) and thought I should introduce myself properly. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 teens and an animal lover. I've had all kinds of pets. My first pet was actually a newt from the 5 & 10 when I was about 7. Considering how little info I had access to I did all right. I currently have 3 paddle tail newts who followed me home unexpectedly from the pet shop :grin: I also have 2 American toads, 2 leopard frogs (technically one is still a tad) 4 African clawed frogs, 2 African dwarf frogs, several hermit crabs, 3 Vampire crabs, 3 Batik crabs, 3 tomato crabs, 4 red claw crabs and a Rainbow crab. Currently raising red wigglers, guppies and pill bugs at home to feed everyone. Everyone has a species specific set up, nothing fancy yet but I'm reading about some of the cool set ups people are doing with "Great Stuff" and Silicone and I'd like to try it. I prefer to rescue when possible but do hit breeders, importers and pet shops. Well long winded enough!

Dawn

Hi Dawn!

That's quite a zoo you have there and welcome to the forum - All of you! ;)

Cheers Jacq.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back