Hi there :)

AxalotMel

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
AxolotMel
My name's Mel and I bought my first axolotl 9 days ago- a golden female. A week later we bought a black male. Their first night together, they mated and the next day there were eggs everywhere! I have been thrown into the deep end of keeping axolotls, and it's very exciting! I already have a few 'buyers' if this batch is successfull, and I'd love to keep a few myself. I can't wait to learn more about axolotls and other caudates... In the past 9 days, my head has been so crammed with information! I love my new pets and can't wait to see where this will take me ;)
Thanks for reading!:p

Welcome Mel,

My goodness, you have been thrown into the deep end.

Good luck and you know where to find us if you have any questions.

Cheers Jacq.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back