Hola, Bonjour, Hello, Alreet?!

NeekaLovesYou

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Dinky!
Greetings and salutations from the magical land of Essex, United Kingdom! ;D

My name is Dineke (Daneeka) and I am an 18 and a half year old photography student. Although I am still young, I have always had a fervent passion for animals; from cats to guinea pigs, rats and obviously, aquatics.
For years I admired axolotls. Not just their fantastic appearance, but their fascinating regenerating abilities, history and even their (what I call) "breeding ritual". Then several months ago, I decided I was ready to take the plunge, after reading every thread, forum and care sheet available, I felt I was ready to care for my first amphibian - one of the best decisions I ever made!

Currently, I have 3 juvenile axolotls and I also recently rehomed 2 adult axolotls for someone.

Well, I think that pretty much sums everything up! Glad to be part of the community :)

Cheerio!

Welcome to the forum! There is lots of information to behold here, so be prepared for many long nights of "just one more thread!"

Welcome to the forums and i hope you participate and share photos of your axolotls as you embark on this journey of axolotl addiction

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back