Homemade axolotl food?

Silver

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry to make two new threads in such a short amount of time, but I had a question. Could I make homemade axolotl food? I was thinking I could chop up the frozen earthworms really fine, thaw my brine shrimp/bloodworms, mix them all together and freeze them into small cubes. What do you guys think? Does anyone have a better recipe for homemade food? Thanks!

Silver

Thanks for the post Justin, when I get my earthworm farm up and running I might have a go at making some home grown cubes as this would be a could way of having some handy If I am ever away from home and my axies need a good diet. I have a medical condition that means on rare occassions i can be in hospital for a week to two weeks. and it would be good to have the instructions from the axolotl sanctuary and some frozen supplies in the freezer if I need.

thats really cool thread ^^ though i dont know if my mom would allow me to blend crickets and worms xD or maybe i do it at someone elses home ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back