How big is your sal

gcollin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
collin
How big is your tiger salamander. Mine is about 6 inches now and still growing.

I dont have a salamander but my biggest female Triturus dobrogicus is 8 inches.

How big is your tiger salamander. Mine is about 6 inches now and still growing.

All four of mine are around 8" now and I believe they were 08' morphs. These have some more to go yet.

**BTW this is not the right section for this question. Please make sure you post threads in the appropriate spot. It will keep the mods much happier.

Mitch

First off, this should be in the Advanced Tiger and Axolotl section (I assume so). Second off, AJ, newts are salamanders. They belong to the Caudata family
Salamandridae.

Last edited:
My big girl is 10" long and for those non-believers I'll even add a picture.

picture.php

My other girl is 8".

I don't have a tiger salamander but the largest salamander I have is my mudpuppy which is one foot in legnth now and still growing.

First off, this should be in the Advanced Tiger and Axolotl section (I assume so).

It most certainly should not be posted to that section.

xMIDNIGHTx said:
**BTW this is not the right section for this question. Please make sure you post threads in the appropriate spot. It will keep the mods much happier.

Moved to the Off Topic Section.

Thanks Mitch.

My largest female tiger right now is 11 inches (28 cm) and just over 2 years old. My second largest female is 10.5 inches. My two males are between 10.5 and 11.5 inches. The biggest tiger I've ever seen in person was a 33 cm male (that's over 13 inches long).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back