Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How do I make pics smaller for this new forum?

ravenous

Reaction score
I finally got some GREAT pics I want to share. Theyre high quality and real clear, only thing is theyre 1,100KB and this place wont let me post them. On the old forum I could resize them with Microsoft Photo Editor but now it seems it wont work for me. Help!!!

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the program "Paint" in your computer? you can easily resize with that; that's what I do.
If you have it, I'll walk you through it.

Abrahm

Reaction score
Open the image in Paint. Go to the Image menu of the File bar then choose the Stretch/Skew... option. When the dialog box pops up enter in a percentage (less than 100) to reduce the size of the picture by that much. Make sure to enter the same percentage in the horizontal and vertical box or you will have a bizarre looking picture. You may have to play around to find the size you want or you can calculate out the pictures dimensions before hand.

Last edited:

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, when you have the image open you can tell how big it is (if it's in accordance to the size the forum accepts) by clicking on "Image" on the upper toolbar and choosing "Attributes." It'll tell you the size of the image in pixels, cm, or inches (choose pixels). The size for pixels for the forum is 620 x 280 for bmp images, and for jpgs...I'm checking... I think there were guidelines on the old forum (something like <700 x <700?), but in the images manager it only has a total KB size: it says 244.1 for jpeg, and and 390.6 for jpg images (I didn't know there was a distinction before!).

Also with Paint, you can choose just part of the picture to show, cropping out a small part to focus on. Then you don't have to reduce in size so much the part you want to show to the forum. It's a little more complicated, once you have this resizing business down, you can learn that.

Last edited:

ravenous

Reaction score
Okay, Im testing it out now

Attachments

• smallP6070003.JPG
    smallP6070003.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 482

ravenous

Reaction score
Alright! Looks like it works! Thanks a ton guys. Now I'll work on what you mention Dawn. But first I'll get the rest of the pics up. If you want to see the rest of the series look in my thread in the Triturus boards, or I'll make one for the pics forum... Im damn proud of these pics :)

Thanks again

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NICE !!!!

Is that an alpling?
=========
Don't bother answering, I see from the other thread that it is!

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!