How do you remove axolotl eggs from tissue paper ?

Whitewolf89

Reaction score
Country
England
Got some axolotl eggs delivered and its the first time they have been deliveredd not in water but on tissue paper how to i remove the eggs without damaging them

I would maybe just add paper and eggs to the water and hope they separate.

I agree, just put them in a pot with water and the tissue paper should come off.

OR just don't worry about it, cut away the excess tissue paper if they wont' come off and let them develop stuck to the paper. It won't hurt them.

Sorry WhiteWolf!! I forgot to tell you (blush) Yes just stick it in the water with the eggies (dechlorinated) and let it melt of, swish around Then put the clean eggs into fresh dechlorinated water. That's how I did it. How are the babies? Mine have hatched now and are shtuffing daphnia. FYI daphnia will eat till they die make sure you dont overfeed LOL!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back