How do your axolotls tell you they're hungry?

Boomsloth

Reaction score
Country
United States
My guys love telling me when they are hungry by all swimming into their food dish when I walk into the room. I'd love to see how others' axolotls say they want food :)

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

Mine were ALWAYS hungry :lol:

haha GREAT ANSWER! mine all have different personalities, some active, some timid, some are always swimming, ones a floater, but when its dinner time they all come to the dish waiting for worms :)

Mine aim their noses up in the air as if waiting for the worms to rain down

Yeah, mine are always hungry. I can tell they're extra hungry because he'll be hiding and he will pop his head out and take a few steps. Stop. Take a few more steps closer to where I feed him and then look at me.

This is one of the photos I got when he popped his head from behind his driftwood.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 495
It's actually very simple. Just look at their expression:
*geez, time to sleep I guess...*

Attachments

• hungrylotl.jpg
    hungrylotl.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 959
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back