Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

how often should i feed my tiger sal. large nightcrawlers from wal-mart?

chatsworth

Reaction score
how often should i feed my tiger sal. large nightcrawlers from wal-mart?
so far i've been feeding him one large nightcrawler every other day, but i noticed he's gotten really fat, and i only want whats healthy for him. he begs for food everyday. im tempted to throw a worm in there, but like i said, i'm not too sure if thats healthy... please help. thank you

If he's getting fat, feed him less.

Tigers get habituated to humans quite quickly, and will constantly beg for food. This does not mean they're hungry. They're opportunistic feeders, and will eat whenever food is available, as they don't know when they'll get food again.

I feed mine 2 or 3 times a week, less if they look fat, and occasionally throw worms into their soil to facilitate hunting.

thanks! oh btw, is it fine if i feeed him an entire whole large earthworm?

iv been doing this, for years. i feed mine 1 earth worm a week and to crickets, ive had him for over 10 years

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1