Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How to cool down a terrestrial tank?

jayc92195

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

May i know how to cool down a terrestrial or semi-aquatic tank?
i lived in a tropical area where temperatures reach 30 degrees or above.
i know we can use a reef type aquarium chiller to cool down a aquatic tank but how does that work for a terrestrial tank?
is cooling down air easier than water?

Thanks

jayc92195

Reaction score
Hi All,

i did some google search and i found something call TEC cooler. i was thinking to mount it on top of a terrestrial tank.
15bf0b5c1190229fc7254273.jpg

i found another device that looks like a radiator, i was thinking to connect it to a proper reef chiller and mount it on top of a terrestrial tank.
15bf0b9c874d52b5b22c82c0.jpg
15bf0be0b3d085a5123b0633.jpg

the reef chiller is much more expensive than TEC cooler. but i am looking to cool down a couple of tanks. which method is more feasible?

Thanks

jayc92195

Reaction score
Hi Niels,

Thanks for advice on wine chiller. are they TEC based or R134 based coolers?

jayc92195

Reaction score
Hi All,

i found some Big CPU coolers, which i am thinking to hook up to a 1/10HP reef chiller
you think i can drop them into the terrestrial tank to cool down Temp?

Thanks
15c152d5cbd5ae900dd0c90e.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1