Howdy

sam72

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Good evening to all. My name is Sam and I am from New Zealand. I am hoping to learn lots and be able to pick brains about my little ones. My little ones are 2 golden axolotls, 2 wild type axolotls, (this guys live in a huge tank). Plus about 3 / 4 months ago I acquired 13 Chinese fire bellied eggs - only one passed away. These little guys are voracious eaters and are a hard case. They have not morphed yet but I think some are getting close. Their tank is huge and is split. 3/4 for water and approximately 1/4 for land. I will post some pictures as I can.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Sam! That's quite a little herd!

:( I feel so bad. 2 of my cfbn morphed (bless their little cotton socks), one decided to go wandering.
Not a good outcome I'm afraid. Their tank had a lid but I hadn't finished the land side of their tank. He/she got trapped (too tired I think to make it back to the water) :(:(:( I nearly cried when I found the little fella this morning. :(:(:(:(

Howdy from a fellow Kiwi!

Sorry to hear about your loss :( Thats awful. However, he/she was lucky enough to have such a devoted, caring owner like yourself. So you can feel happy in the fact you did well in that respect.

Welcome to the forum - I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of your bunch!

Hi, I actually started a thread with some pictures of my tank - big place here, forget which area i put it under - No hang on it's coming back to me, the newt salamander discussion area, ill critters or questions to ask. I called it pimp my tank. Not the best photos out but you get the idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back