Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Howdy

Stacebaker19

Reaction score
Im Stace Baker. Im a 46 year old college instructor that lives on the north east corner of nowhere in rural Kansas. I teach sUAS operations in NAS, sUAS conceptual design, geographic information systems, electrical theory and a whole bunch of other very nerdy stuff.
Ive been keeping and breeding amphibians and reptiles my entire life. One of my earliest memories includes a tiger salamander if that indicates my level of obsession.

Calgarycoppers

Reaction score
Welcome from Calgary, AB Stace. I'm aquatic crazy I've moved from fish to Amphibians and am fully surrounded in Axolotls and Spanish Ribbed Newts but will be adding some frogs in the future.

Stacebaker19

Reaction score
Welcome from Calgary, AB Stace. I'm aquatic crazy I've moved from fish to Amphibians and am fully surrounded in Axolotls and Spanish Ribbed Newts but will be adding some frogs in the future.
Nice. I keep marble newts, small group of Cynops pyrrhogaster, a few species of bombina, and bumble bee toads. The BBTs are the only thing I'm breeding right now.

Herpin Man

Reaction score
Hello Stace Baker. I've actually been to nowhere in rural Kansas a time or two. There's some pretty good herping in some of those spots.

Stacebaker19

Reaction score
Hello Stace Baker. I've actually been to nowhere in rural Kansas a time or two. There's some pretty good herping in some of those spots.
Truly. We are on a farm adjacent to a wetland area and have most of the mile section to ourselves. We dont run cattle so the land stays pretty clean. A couple of ponds and some wooded creeks. Green and grey tree frogs, box turtles( we have a nest of eggs in the back yard now), painted turtles, snappers, red ears, american toads, peeper frogs, tiger salamanders, some really interesting varieties of narrow mouth toad. King snakes, rat snakes, garter snakes, rattle snakes, water moccasins, and of course collard lizards, and skinks galore. I occasionally run across horned toads but its been years since Ive seen one. We even have a bat colony on property. We are beyond lucky.
The roads here are a blast to hit in the evening after a rain. We pulled up on a pair of Massasauga rattlesnake males a few years ago while they were in the middle of combat. It was crazy. Just slugging it out in the middle of the road. Could have cared less we were there or that there was a set of truck lights on them.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
Im Stace Baker. Im a 46 year old college instructor that lives on the north east corner of nowhere in rural Kansas. I teach sUAS operations in NAS, sUAS conceptual design, geographic information systems, electrical theory and a whole bunch of other very nerdy stuff.
Ive been keeping and breeding amphibians and reptiles my entire life. One of my earliest memories includes a tiger salamander if that indicates my level of obsession.

Welcome Stace! I look forward to your posts. Nothing is ever too nerdy. You're talking to the biggest gamer nerd ever lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!