Howdy

Stacebaker19

Reaction score
Country
United States
Im Stace Baker. Im a 46 year old college instructor that lives on the north east corner of nowhere in rural Kansas. I teach sUAS operations in NAS, sUAS conceptual design, geographic information systems, electrical theory and a whole bunch of other very nerdy stuff.
Ive been keeping and breeding amphibians and reptiles my entire life. One of my earliest memories includes a tiger salamander if that indicates my level of obsession.

Calgarycoppers

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Welcome from Calgary, AB Stace. I'm aquatic crazy I've moved from fish to Amphibians and am fully surrounded in Axolotls and Spanish Ribbed Newts but will be adding some frogs in the future.

Stacebaker19

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome from Calgary, AB Stace. I'm aquatic crazy I've moved from fish to Amphibians and am fully surrounded in Axolotls and Spanish Ribbed Newts but will be adding some frogs in the future.
Nice. I keep marble newts, small group of Cynops pyrrhogaster, a few species of bombina, and bumble bee toads. The BBTs are the only thing I'm breeding right now.

Herpin Man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Stace Baker. I've actually been to nowhere in rural Kansas a time or two. There's some pretty good herping in some of those spots.

Stacebaker19

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Stace Baker. I've actually been to nowhere in rural Kansas a time or two. There's some pretty good herping in some of those spots.
Truly. We are on a farm adjacent to a wetland area and have most of the mile section to ourselves. We dont run cattle so the land stays pretty clean. A couple of ponds and some wooded creeks. Green and grey tree frogs, box turtles( we have a nest of eggs in the back yard now), painted turtles, snappers, red ears, american toads, peeper frogs, tiger salamanders, some really interesting varieties of narrow mouth toad. King snakes, rat snakes, garter snakes, rattle snakes, water moccasins, and of course collard lizards, and skinks galore. I occasionally run across horned toads but its been years since Ive seen one. We even have a bat colony on property. We are beyond lucky.
The roads here are a blast to hit in the evening after a rain. We pulled up on a pair of Massasauga rattlesnake males a few years ago while they were in the middle of combat. It was crazy. Just slugging it out in the middle of the road. Could have cared less we were there or that there was a set of truck lights on them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AlexisJG:
    As long as they don’t seem stressed that’s good and I mean hey if their well fed maybe they’ll live long happy lives together.
    +2
    Unlike
  • HalfDrunkToast:
    oh ya they are happy xD every time i come in to my room my Koy betta is like HI HI HI and actively swimming around
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Nerodia1:
    Děkuji za přijetí. Hledám tohoto obojživelníka, Typhlonectes compressicauda, nevíte, kde ho získat, nejlépe někde v Evropě.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Caudex has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    VEEK has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    My axie is acting woerd he was a rescue as stated in a different post he got better and now seems to be deteriorating again...again all tank conditions are OK and as should be. He seems to have some black dapple like pattern under his bottom lip? Is that normal? And his two back feet have a little wierd growth? Almost? Tiny tiny tiny lump. His capillaries in his feathers also appear darker and more visible. Any help would be appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    Hes a leucistic axie
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    AmphibiGirl has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Dibgame:
    Hey guys. First time on this forum and im not sure what formatting i should use but hey here i go.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    Hi! I'm being in a hard position where I have to re-home my axolotls. I'm moving out and I would like to find them a new home with someone who can take proper care of them
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    I have an adult wild type and a juvenile leucistc
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • BigAl:
    Oops my bad accidentally sent that
    +1
    Unlike
  • Binditheaxolotl:
    @HalfDrunkToastLol
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    is anyone online???
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    Are you still here
    +1
    Unlike
  • ZayneSantos:
    Is there anyone on who can give me advice?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Max2445:
    @ZayneSantos, What advice do you need
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    based on this video what type of salamander might this larva be? I suspect either eastern newt or spotted salamander
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    help appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    they are from missouri
    +1
    Unlike
    KrabzAga: they are from missouri +1