I don't know where to put this so im putting it here.

shmifty5

Reaction score
Country
Canada
okay, so today i got some plants for the tank (yay), there really wasn't much to choose from as the latest shipment of plants had not come in yet, but i managed to get 2 marimo moss balls (not the cheap java moss balls, the real marimo balls) and a banana plant.

i got 3 questions here, so any help with any of the questions would be awesome, even if you're a newb, as long as it is actually helpful.

#1- i ripped apart one of the moss balls and most of the peices are fully submerged, however there is 2 bigger pieces that are floating (like a moss island, cool eh?), will these floating pieces be fine and will they eventually sink?

#2- the banana plant doesn't have its stem or leaf, it is just the bunch of bananas, will it grow or did i just buy some ammonia?

#3- i also bought a snail to help clean up the place, i didn't get it's name and i sincerely doubt the shop would know, it looks kind of like an apple snail, but then again most of the snails that i have seen look the same to me, it is bigger than figgy (C. orientalis) and it talked to me (it looked at me and opened its mouth, so i opened my mouth and it looked curious, then it opened its mouth again and i did the same, this continued on for a half hour, then i realized i was stupid and i stopped), does anyone have any site i could use to identify him or maybe they have a similiar talking snail.

i think that's it.

I seriously thought I was the only one who "talked" to snails! :lol: I had an apple snail a few years back who did the same thing. But I eventually realised he was just hungry. I used to feed him individual fish flakes by hand. I've never found a snail quite like him since. Thanks for the laugh.

lol, thank you for making me feel less insane, haha, he is a unique little bugger.

just did some more searching and a careful look at his shell, he is definately either a mystery snail or an apple snail, will he devour the new plants when im not looking?

Just plant the banana plant 50% up the side of the banana. Often shipped without stem/leaves. Will grow in fast.

Floating pieces will be fine.

You should be ok with your snail.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back