Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

<i>Hynobius naevius</i>

TJ

Reaction score
These are kept by a friend of mine:

19810.jpg

(Message edited by TJ on May 09, 2006)

And here's one of my H. naevius which I acquired last year. I truly find this species to be among the most beatifull Hynobidae...
30795.jpg

I agree
biggrin.gif

... though "among" is the key word here, as I would say Hynobius stejnegeri is THE most beautiful of all species in this genus. I seem to recall that Nate would bestow that title on Hynobius kimurae.

I recently found one of the Taiwan species of Hynobius to be extraordinarily beautiful!

Which is the most beautiful in your estimation, Henk?

Well I see I forgot to answer this one... I am aware that Taiwanses can be fairly beautifull but haven't yet seen one in a good shot (maybe better ??). I would currently stick with this naevius or either kimurae & stejnegeri. Both the last can be heavyly colored but also very drab (like mine). I also have a nice colored okiensis juvenile, but where colors will fade...

Overall I stay with naevius and maybe those orange colored tsuensis... then followed by kimurae or stejnegeri...

Well looks more like a fashion show then salamander husbandry ...
biggrin.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1