Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

<i>Hynobius tsuensis</i>

T

tj

Here's are a couple of pics taken today of a Hynobius tsuensis, found only on the small Japanese island of Tsushima (the island closest to the Korean Peninsula) �Awhere is the sole Caudata species.

Tim

1739.jpg

1740.jpg

H

henk

Hai Travis,

in the past I have had 2 H. tsuensis from Tsushima Island and they were kind of easy to keep. Unofrtunatelly both escaped when I forgot to put the lid back onto the tank... and I haven't seen them since. I however hope to get some of them again as I wold defintely try to breed them too... Mine were more on the yellow/orange side

TJ

Reaction score
Hi. No, they're not mine. I'm fond of Hynobius but make it a point not to owm anything I can't regularly see! ....which basically leaves me with aquatic newts. I took these pics at a shop in Tokyo. If there are any other Japanese Hynobius species anybody is interested in, feel free to ask and I'll see if I can snap pics of them to post. Can't send the newts themselves though!
happy.gif

H

henk

Well Tim, I would be interested to see some of oyur other pictures, but currently I have email problems at my email-adress.
I'm very interested in Hynobius and have quite alot of species at home (and berd some). Aparently you are in Japan and I would love to hear form you what you come across to out there. I have a good reputation in breeding H. dunni for instance , having raised over 600 juveniles in the last 4 years.
You may try to reach me at my home email adress if you want at henk.wallays@skynet.be , but give it aonther 10 days before the server has deleted those 1200 emails I got last week from somebody who aparently wanted to put me out of business. Lucky enough for me , my virus scanner perfectly did it's job , but now my email-box is full...

Anyway I would love to see any Hynobidae or Cynops images ...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1