Question: I just got given this axolotl

just another update photo. her gills havent grown but she is starting to get feathers on her gills

if you have a close look you can see bout 4 strands on her gill

Attachments

• SAM_1822.jpg
    SAM_1822.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,640
i really hopes your axolotl gets to grow its gills
my axie has the same problem

i really hopes your axolotl gets to grow its gills
my axie has the same problem

im not sure if her will grow. she is 7 years old. im just glad she is starting to get feather. ive had her for nearly 4 months now. she has improved 100% and seems quite happy with her tank mates

Glad to see she's starting to make a comeback!

Glad to see she's starting to make a comeback!

thank you. im am glad aswell. i think her gills have grown a little bit. im just happy that she looks so much better then when i first got her

Wow! I am impressed-she looks amazing. I can't believe she lived 7 years in bad conditions-it is so good to see her loved!

hello everyone,
here is and update on Gretal the axolotl I was given Xmas day. I just went to the tank to see what they where doing and I noticed white eggs and black and white eggs. to my suprise I have 2 females laying eggs and one happened to be Gretal. I don't think she really knows what happening to her. I don't think shes going to have many as shes not that big. it will be ingesting to see what colours I will get from her. I will update some more photos after she has laid her eggs

here are some photos, ive had her 6 months now

Attachments

• SAM_2162.jpg
    SAM_2162.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 266
  • SAM_2149.jpg
    SAM_2149.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 246
  • SAM_2153.jpg
    SAM_2153.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 265
  • SAM_2158.jpg
    SAM_2158.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 287
  • SAM_2160.jpg
    SAM_2160.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 230
  • SAM_2159.jpg
    SAM_2159.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 261
  • SAM_1776.jpg
    SAM_1776.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 253
  • SAM_1795.jpg
    SAM_1795.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 7,216
My goodness what a cinderella story! She looks fantastic compared to the first page. Well done with her! Congrats on her laying eggs as well. Great to see such a turn around and to see her thriving. :D

Wow what an amazing job youve done and quite the happy ending! Youve given little gretal the best 6 months of her life no doubt :)

What a great recovery

Aww, her little nubby feathers are so cute!

I've heard that you can encourage an axies gills to grow longer if you keep them in still water, but I think that only works while they are young. Besides, not having a filter is such a pain!

She looks so much better now. Congrats on the babies!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back