I love axolotls

linda835

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello I'm new to this site or any site I live on the sunshine coast in Queensland Australia I have 4 adult axolotls and a batch of eggs. This is my first time breeding and I don't know if any will survive I have done every thing I think I'm supposed to even thoue I'm not shore what I was going to do with so many baby's I don't know what my axolotls type are can some one tell me how to tell? Please I want to know as much as I can about my beautiful friends I have two boys black and olive there names are lochy and oliver I also have two girls a white ( but not albino ) and a gold she has no frills on her gills and I think she was born that way I got her because I didn't think any one else would see here beautie the shop owner said no one was interested in her I couldn't leave her there. There names are pracilla and madusa. Pracilla layed all the eggs I have but I think madusa is looking full in the belly and she might be next. Thank you for any help or advice any one can offer. Linda

Welcome to the forums, there are lots of people here who share your love of axies

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back