I miss my Axolotls

RenitaO

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Renita
Hi :D I joined this forum at least a year ago, but never posted. Back then I owned two Axolotls, but ended up moving to a different state and couldn't take them on the plane (of course!). I really miss them now, and I've settled into my new home, so I'm considering trying to figure out how I could get my Axolotls back from the lady I gave them to (she said I could always have them back, but she's been an exemplary owner).

I spent some time breeding my axolotls, and the woman I gave mine to perfected the process. It was so neat to see the generations of babies that my two produced. It's also a bit intimidating how many offspring they can have at once. I imagine they're retired from breeding now, since it's been a couple years.

I live in the Colorado area now. If you are an axolotl breeder, or know somebody who is, please contact me. One day I would like to have a nice 50gal setup with at least 3 axolotls. These creatures have such wonderful personalities and I miss having them around.

You should really put this in the wanted section, but welcome back!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back