I need help ASAP with a rapidly spreading fungal disease in my pregnant Ensatina eschscholtzii oregonensis.

So... she got out, like saturday and I cant find her

I'm sorry about the escapee. Indoor conditions don't usually fare well for salamanders, unfortunately. Have you been able to fix the enclosure? You may want to re-evaluate the lid if one escaped and make sure it will be more secure in the future. Have you gotten temperatures into an acceptable range? The remaining salamander will likely die if you don't fix the enclosure and temperature.

and yes i found a fan and thermomitor to keep cage at 60 f

60 is much better, with a fan running keeping humidity up will be extra important so I would make sure the substrate stays nice and moist along with keeping the water dish full. Definitely get the bark swapped out for a better substrate too.

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ thank you all so much for ur help! especially Dragonfire!

Dropping temperatures probably did wonders for her, not sure how much you changed the enclosure but if you swapped the substrate and such I bet that helped massively too. Hope she does well for you going forward! Did you ever find the escapee?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back