I no this is a silly question but what do i feed tadpoles

Carl, is this a larva (newt) or tadpole (frog/toad)? BBS works for newt larvae, but if you have tadpoles, you can try fish flakes supplemented with green water (you can make green water by leaving dried lettuce in water out in the sun for a few days). Also, I've found for my toad tadpole, if you split up an earthworm, they'll munch on the insides.

"munch on the insides"
Nicely put Pin-Pin!
lol.gif

i got some flakes today and i put a chopped up worm in they loved it when they are toads what is the best food to feed them

If they're just toad tadpoles, you can also try to boil lettuce for 15-20 minutes, they'll go nuts on that. Otherwise, if they're salamander larva, there are some really good articles on feeding them on this site.

For adult toads, small worms at first or pinhead crickets work pretty well, basically any small insect (non-poisionous) will work pretty well. They get easier to feed as they grow larger, because you can feed them larger food items.

(Message edited by onetwentysix on May 06, 2004)

(Message edited by onetwentysix on May 06, 2004)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back