=/ i think i messed up!

Mr Poseidon

Reaction score
Dayton, Oh (summer) Charleston SC (fall winter spr
Country
United States
Display Name
~~Eddie~~
So my axi and i are the best of friends!

although i get a little tooo excited sometimes!
ive been feeding my axi earth worms form outside for a few days but my mom was yelling at me about always diggin in the yard! so i bought some from a fish store (jacks aquarium and pets)

they were WAY bigger than the ones from my graden so i cut it up but it was still pretty big, but i didnt realize untill to late. i put it in my tank and my axi ate it up but left a little bit just haning out of him mouth... i thought for sure hed finish it eventually ( he did this with my garden worms too) but he never did so after a little bit (it actually was an hour or so i had to run out to the store) so i pulled the worm out of his mouth it was all still intact!

should i have left it there?

then today when i was feeding him same thing, but i wouldnt wait nearly as long so i took it out again and cut it up smaller about 1/4 of his body length and tryed to feed him two peaces of earth wrom this size. the first he did the same thing but eventually finished. he wouldnt even bite at the second.

did i mess something up? advice? gaaa im just worryed i want him to eat and get big hes currenetly only about 3 inchs.....

He was just full after the first chunk of worm.

Aieeeee! Don't panic!

Give Mr Poseidon chance to finish his dinner ;) Sounds like he's finding the smaller pieces easier, so cut them up small like the last time, let him finish each piece and offer another for dessert :)

Yeah. I agree with these too. It's nothing to worry about. There's been times when mine won't stop eating.. and other days when all he want is a tiny chunk of frozen blood worms.
They're just weird. =]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back