Ichthyosaura alpestris (pics)

ndbug

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Nathan
Hi everyone! If you like alpine newts stay tuned, I will be posting updated photos throughout my alpestris' life starting today! I have a male and a female there are about a year old, 2016 hatchlings, I obtained them from a member i met here on this forum!

Attachments

• alpine 1.jpg
    alpine 1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 690
Re: Triturus alpestris (pics)

I love Alpine newts! I have a male that looks almost identical to the one you have there, is he I. a apuanus?

I believe it is although im not sure if you can tell just by the speckled throat? here is also some pics of my gorgeous female.

Attachments

• alpine male throat.jpg
    alpine male throat.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 401
  • female 1.jpg
    female 1.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 396
  • female 2.jpg
    female 2.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 404
The person i got them from confirmed that they are indeed apuanis!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back