ID froglets

JWERNER

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jay
I have quite a few different froglets I found a and Im just curious to see what other peoples opinion are on them.

Baby Grey?

The very last is either still going through a small amount of change ( I do have a few small pools for him to sit in ) or slightly deformed but I dont know if its a Spring Peeper or a Green. In person he is a Banana yellow with some faint green highlights.

I have others that I need to snap some shots of once the come out of hiding that I am sure are Greens

Attachments

• DSCN0881.jpg
    DSCN0881.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 454
  • DSCN0890.jpg
    DSCN0890.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCN0877.jpg
    DSCN0877.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 422
The first two look like grays or birdvoiced treefrog, if you have the latter in your area. Not sure about the last little guy, but perhaps a lighter gray as well?

I agree. Definitely not a green or a peeper; they both have adult pattern at metamorphosis.

The last guy changed completely and got lost n the mix. Cant pick him out anymore.

Here are some more pictures.

I do have plenty of Peepers though. I just never get them in the shot.

Attachments

• DSCN0911.jpg
    DSCN0911.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 352
  • DSCN0891.jpg
    DSCN0891.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCN0894.jpg
    DSCN0894.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
After a second look, I would bet that they are all grays (or Cope's grays). Bird-voiced metamorphs, at least my local ones, tend to be smoother and have very large, usually green-tinged subocular spots.

Yeah, I dont have bird-voiced in this area and supposedly Cope's are rare here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back