identifying help!

Spaz

Reaction score
Country
United States
My dad found this little guy outside, and wants to keep him for my little sister. I would like to give him a good home so I was wondering if anyone could help me identify him...

He decided to bury his head in the dirt we gave him so I can’t get a good picture but he’s quite large, seems chubby to me, black with yellow spots, and has three toes, no outer gills. My Dad found him on land with no large scale water source near by. We live in the United States in up-state New York. If you need a picture or more information I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back