Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: ill cfb newt

BIG J

Reaction score
hi there
my fire belly newt doesn’t seem to be very well, she just sits on the land area all day and she hasn’t been eating either, also she looks as if she is sneezing and she has what looks like water running out of her nose could she possibly have a cold or is it some thing else, is there any thing I can do to treat her.

thanks

IanF

Reaction score
Hello, I can't tell of the top of my head whats wrong with your newt I'd recomend doing the basic checks. Just make sure the PH is right, and all that good stuff with the water. I don't know what the nose thing is about, if you have plastic plants or something that could become lodged in her throat then that might explain the problem.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this animal recently-bought, or has it been with you for a while and its behavior has changed?

herpvet

Veterinarian
Reaction score
Hi,

While it's certainly worth reviewing your setup, I would also suggest getting your newt to a vet for a throrough evaluation if you can. Unless you can find an obvious setup problem that you can correct and watch for any improvement, assessment by an experienced vet is your best chance of finding out a cause, or at least coming up with an effective treatment regime.

Hope she improves.

Bruce.

hi there
my fire belly newt doesn’t seem to be very well, she just sits on the land area all day and she hasn’t been eating either, also she looks as if she is sneezing and she has what looks like water running out of her nose could she possibly have a cold or is it some thing else, is there any thing I can do to treat her.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!