Im changing my newts setup......................................................

tiffany

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Tiffany Shewchuk
i need to take them out while i do it and i don't really know where i can keep them for the time being. the only other place is a tiny fishbowl. How long should i let my new set up sit before i put the newts back in? and is a fishbowl suitable? evn if i just but wet papertowels? or would that be too small for 2 of them?

What do you have? Fish bowl might be too small. Maybe try to get a plastic box. Maybe put some gravels from the tank to the box so that it can still help with the biological filtration.

Are you just rearranging the tank, or dismantling it and creating a new setup? If you're just rearranging things, and are not disturbing the nitrogen cycle, then just keeping them in a fish bowl for a few hours is fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back