IMPORTANT: Everyone please read

J

john

On Friday December 9th 2005 (5 days from now), Axolotl.org's server will be changing. It'll be going onto completely new and upgraded hardware, and it'll be moving to a different geographical location. Unfortunately, this could lead to downtime of at least 24 hours this coming Friday. I am not exactly sure what the time will be - it might be less than an hour or it could be 2 days. Here's hoping for the former.

The implications for you as a user of the Caudata.org forum is that Caudata.org will also be moving some time in the near future (not this week). At that time, any posts you make on or around the day before may disappear when its new server goes up (because they may not port the exact copy that will be on the old server). Consequently, I'm considering disabling posting a day before that time rolls around until the move is complete, rather than have people complaining about lost posts beyond my control. If you have any thoughts on this, please let me know in this thread.

Thanks for the heads-up, and good luck with the logistics, John! One suggestion: you might want to post a separate announcement somewhere in the axolotl forums, as a great many of the users there never read anything over here. It does seem to make sense to disable posting on the forum move date.

Yeah, disabling posting also seems to me the best way to go about it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back