In the fridge?

S

sophie

Hi,

I've been reading a few threads, and i've noticed people mentioning they put their axolotls in the fridge?

I was just wondering why people did this?

Thanks

(Message approved by john)

People put their axies in the fridge when they are sick or not eating. The lower temps slow down their metabolism so that they dont use up as much energy and dont require as much food. It also helps if they have swallowed gravel cause they seem to be able to pass it better. They naturally live in colder temps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back