Illness/Sickness: Internal bacterial infection: how long to fridge?

DanMeat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our beloved Sherbet is in the fridge right now full of antibiotics from the vet because she has an internal infection :(

I'm worried she will starve, she hasn't eaten in a week and won't eat in the fridge.

I've read on the forum that she might need to stay in the fridge for up to a month. Is that correct? Won't she starve?

How long you fridge for depends on the individual, and the situation, so it's hard to determine. If it needs to be in the fridge for long periods just watch for body condition. If it starts to lose a lot of weight you may need to consider taking it out of the fridge.
Do you have a chiller on your tank?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back