Introducing Lily and Inky

ali000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, hubby knew I was upset about so many of my larvae dying that last night he came home with these 2 little cherubs :D. (although he calls them freakazoids :rolleyes:)

Lily is the leucistic and Inky the wild-type. They are tiny, we reckon about 3-4 months (someone may be able to clarify that?)

I think they are a little on the skinny side, I didn't feed them last night because I wanted them to settle in, but this morning they have had a hearty breakfast of chopped earthworm and they will be getting bloodworm for dinner :D

It's also an opportunity to post piccys of my tank with it's surreal red sand!

oh, thats hubby's ghostly reflection you can see in piccy 2 :eek:
enough chatter....here's the pics;)

Attachments

• axie1.jpg
    axie1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 295
  • axie2.jpg
    axie2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 272
  • axie3.jpg
    axie3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 245
  • axies kissing.jpg
    axies kissing.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 245
Oh Alison they are darling!!! (Hubby cute too but a distant second, I'd say ;) - but what a sweety he is for bringing you your "freakazoids"!)

I love the red sand. It looks so posh.

-Eva

Thanks eva, they are far far cuter than hubby, although I do love him for bringing them:D

I'm just really frustrated now, I'm sat at work and I just want to go home and stare at them:eek:

Nice tank Ali. The axies do show up well against the red sand. Have fun with your new babies :)

Thanks
Just popped home in my lunch hour.... 20 minutes drive home, 20 minutes staring lovingly, 20 minutes drive back:rolleyes:

I won't tell hubby, he'll only moan about the price of petrol etc :talker:

Oh Wow! It looks so beautiful. I wish we could get red sand like that here! It looks so regal.

I like the fourth picture, it seems like a mexican standoff - "You move". "No, you move". "I'm not moving till you move!". ;)

:grin:Jacq, you always make me laugh. I often think of them as passing each other in the tank calling, hey amigo :eek:

:grin:Jacq, you always make me laugh. I often think of them as passing each other in the tank calling, hey amigo :eek:

...Until the food enters the tank, then I imagine it's "Hasta la vista, baby!" ;)

did you get the cartoon 'speedy gonzales' in Australia? thats how I image the axies talking, in a squeeky mouse mexican accent :D

It must be a very colorful world inside your head, Alison :p

-Eva

Thats a very polite way of putting it Eva :proud::grin:

and this is me sober :eek: give me a glass of wine and the world becomes distinctly abstract and sort of paisley pattened

I of course have no idea what you mean... I am totally normal.. and .. um, what was that word again? Oh yes, sober. Never touch a drop of the stuff... nope, not me - I most certainly never open a bottle and then go online (cheers and bottoms up) :hat:

hehehe

Oh... whew... but... prb'ly.. we should set a good example... you know... for ... um ... somebody...

Ok. "Always hold the glass at an angle to the mouth of the bottle when pouring." Good example, that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back