Illness/Sickness: Is bergamot safe for axolotls ?

reptilesJD

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Please help me as fast as possible , I need and immediate answer , so I need to give my axolotls a tea bath but the only black tea I found contains bergamot oil . Is it save to use it or not please answer as fast as possible

Please help me as fast as possible , I need and immediate answer , so I need to give my axolotls a tea bath but the only black tea I found contains bergamot oil . Is it save to use it or not please answer as fast as possible

Anyone please , I need a response

I wouldn't use it. Citrus oils can be very irritating and are not considered safe to use directly even on human skin. I learned something today, because I thought Earl Grey was made with the Bergamot plant, Monarda didyma, aka Bee Balm. I wouldn't use that, either; it has herbal oils used in mouthwash and would probably also be irritating to delicate amphibian skin. Personally I would delay the bath for the brief time it takes to buy plain tea; a tea bath with irritant oils would defeat the purpose.

I wouldn't use it. Citrus oils can be very irritating and are not considered safe to use directly even on human skin. I learned something today, because I thought Earl Grey was made with the Bergamot plant, Monarda didyma, aka Bee Balm. I wouldn't use that, either; it has herbal oils used in mouthwash and would probably also be irritating to delicate amphibian skin. Personally I would delay the bath for the brief time it takes to buy plain tea; a tea bath with irritant oils would defeat the purpose.

Thank you I'm glad I didn't used it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back