Is it legal?

W

william

I know that it isn't legal to keep wild great crested newts in Britain. but what about palmate and smooth newts?

Yes, it is legal. You can capture and take them if you have the permission of the owner of the land they are inhabiting.

It is illegal to sell, or trade them.

Back to morgs!

20693.jpg

20694.jpg

Kaysie
Its good seeing the above pics of newt life in my garden ponds.
sadly at this time of the year there's not much newt action going on in them.
I do have one adult female T cristatus who has stayed in the water, but I think that her decision to stay has been swayed by my feeding her with earthworms and bags if live bloodworms every other day.

Kaysie (or Morg), what is the species of the newt in your upper photo? I would like to use this photo in CC, if it's OK with you.

I have it labeled as a palmate, You're more than welcome to use it, just add my name to the corner, por favore?

That is a lovely shot there Kaysie, did you have to clean it up at all? or just crop to size?

Jeff, I think actually thats one of the pictures you took. I cropped all of them, since we couldnt figure out the closeup on your camera, remember?

Kaysie, I remember but wondered if you had cleaned up the photo at home.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back