Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Is It Morphing? How Can I Tell?

A

amazon

I have 7 Eastern Red Spotted Newt Efts. I leave them alone most of the time, but I check up on them every once in a while to make sure they are healthy and have a bit of a curve to their stomachs to make sure they are eating. Last time I checked up on them, I noticed that one was a bit darker than usual, and it seems like it has started morphing. All of them used to be a bright orange, but this one now has a light brown body with an orange bottom half, and an appearing black line down it's back. The tail is still normal, and it isn't slimy like aquatic red spotted newts. It lives in a terrestrial terrarium, and I was wondering if I should get ready for a half terrestrial, half aquatic tank, and if it is really starting to morph. All help will be greatly appreciated.

R

rob

Man, repeating yoru same questions isn't going to make you too popular.

In answer to your last post I said green brown..meaning green, brown, or a shade inbetween.

We have all already agreed it's probably morphing, so changing your tank is probably a good idea.

Please read all the response BEFORE reposting the exact same question again.

A

amazon

i did read the responces, but you guys were just arguing about the word "morphing" which is a correct statement, so i thought i could get more help by posting a different one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!