Is It Morphing? How Can I Tell?

A

amazon

I have 7 Eastern Red Spotted Newt Efts. I leave them alone most of the time, but I check up on them every once in a while to make sure they are healthy and have a bit of a curve to their stomachs to make sure they are eating. Last time I checked up on them, I noticed that one was a bit darker than usual, and it seems like it has started morphing. All of them used to be a bright orange, but this one now has a light brown body with an orange bottom half, and an appearing black line down it's back. The tail is still normal, and it isn't slimy like aquatic red spotted newts. It lives in a terrestrial terrarium, and I was wondering if I should get ready for a half terrestrial, half aquatic tank, and if it is really starting to morph. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Man, repeating yoru same questions isn't going to make you too popular.

In answer to your last post I said green brown..meaning green, brown, or a shade inbetween.

We have all already agreed it's probably morphing, so changing your tank is probably a good idea.

Please read all the response BEFORE reposting the exact same question again.

i did read the responces, but you guys were just arguing about the word "morphing" which is a correct statement, so i thought i could get more help by posting a different one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back