Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Is my axolotl sick?

Phippsy

Reaction score
hey,

sorry, i feel like i'm asking you the same question millions of times. i am really sorry if i have started to annoy you. i think that he is doing great at the moment so i am going to stop writing on here. if anything else starts to look really bad and i don't know what to do ill send you a message.

thanks sooooooooooo much for all the tips and advice youve given me. im sure i'll be able to do much better now with my wonderful axolotl. see ya, PHIPPSY 'over and out'

hacelepues

Reaction score
Hey Phippsy,

It looks like those white spots you're worried about are just patches of irridophores. It's part of the golden albino colouration. So nothing to worry about there :)

When they hit the light a certain way they shine!

LeighLarsen

Reaction score
I have a similar question. I have read a lot about when white spots may be fungal and when they are normal coloration but I am a beginner and nervous about doing the right thing for my Gary. Gary has a few spots that showed up just on his gills. They still get really pink when he eats and he has a great appetite. Is it ok to do a salt bath to play it safe?

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    964.2 KB · Views: 65
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!