Is she big

B

b

Hi i just got a new axie and she is 23cms long (9 inches) and i was wondering is she big i dont know exactly how old she is but is this a lage size for a axie

I would guess that is about average size for an adult axolotl. I have 2 that are about that size and they are getting close to 1 year old.

My first axolotls grew as they aged for a long time. They seemed to reach their maximum size at about 7 years old. The male was 13 inches long and the female was 11.5 inches long.

I didn't think they could get to 13 inches. Thats huge! But then, I shouldn't be surprised. Lots of animals can surprise you with their growth rates. My Bearded Dragon reached 22 inches long when she was only 11 months old!

Here is a not so good picture of my old male at 13" long. He was 8 years old when this picture was taken.

35570.jpg

That is a good looking Axolotl to, and 13inches that pretty big! I have actually heard of axys over 15inches, but never seen any.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back