Is she constipated?

Zenna

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
~Ally<3
Alright, so Taco.. seems to want to eat... but i dont think she can DX I tried salmon... she snapped at it. then turned away. so i dug up a nice fat earthworm, cut it into 3 peices, and tried. she snarfed it down... but then spat it up... Is she constipated? Like.. i havent seen her poop since i got her, and the more i fed her *before* the fatter she got =X now its been about 4 or 5 days since she's eaten, and she just spits out everything she trys to eat =[ idk what to do.. im trying hard not to worry too much.. but idk whats wrong :( help please?..

Is she floating tail up???? how often do you feed her? What is her normal diet?? Is there anything in her tank that she couldve eaten that she shouldnt have??

No shes not floating, I attempt to feed her everyday because she wont eat, I vary from feeders - salmon - earthworms. Trying to see if she just dosnt like it, and no, nothing while shes been in my care, not sure about before i got her, as she lived on a completely different island.

ok. How big is she???
sorry for all the questions

Its fine. Ive got no problem at all with answering :) thank you for getting back to me so fast, She is 6 - 6.5 inches.

She might not be hungry. She could be getting to the stage of only needing to be fed every couple of days. A full grown axie only needs feeding 2-3 times a week

yeah but its almost been a week since shes eaten.. she hasnt pooped once since i got her.. and she wants to eat.. or she wouldnt take the worm. but she just spits it back up ><

ummmm. Ok. You could try and put her in the fridge (this will help her poop) but I think this is a last resort. Has she been on gravel(from the place you get her????)?

Like i said, im not sure. she came from a completely different island, she was brought to me, so i didnt get to see how she was kept.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back