Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Is this algae?

S

sharn

hi all, ive been watching my tank for the last few days and ive noticed white fluffy stuff covering the glass etc. is this algae? if it is how can it be treated. my room gets daylight everyday but no sunlight at all. half of the time i cover the half closest to the window because they like it darker.i have a snail in there when im home (im scared he'll attach onto lucian or demetrious) but it doesnt seem to help, hes just and ordinary 'mystery' snail.

C

cynthia

Sharn - You don't treat it with chemicals, you just wipe it off with a sponge or algae scraper/mitt tool of your choice.

When I do my weekly 20% water change I wipe down the glass too.

S

sharn

oh ok, damn its ugly! and i have to have clear glass to go mozzie larvae spotting hehehe. ok ill get a cleaner thing tomrrow. oh this doesnt harm the animals does it? the algae i mean

C

cynthia

Algae doesn't harm them that I am aware of. Algae just looks bad.

C

carl

i have never had the problem of algae with my axie but i had that problam with my fish once and just kept useing a algae scraper and it was ok

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!