Is this female fire salamander pregnant

matty94

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is this female fire salamander pregnant

No. It doesn't especially strike me as a female either. It's not very wide.

o she is if i put her against my male you would see il put a pic of them both and see wat you think

my male of female or are they lol

Post a picture of the cloaca, that will end the speculation xD
I don´t think it looks particularly femalish or gravid, either. When they are gravid they get HUUUUUGE, far bigger than your animal. Plus, your animal doesn´t even coutn as fat, regardless of being gravid or not. I´d try to get both of them to gain a little more weight.

Will do. Just give me a moment to take the pic, lol, and thank you for the advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

I´m sorry, it´s a bad pic. Male at top, female at bottom.

The first one is male for sure, the second one i´m having doubts. I´d say female, but the cloaca is broad and slightly too bulging, so it could be an underdeveloped male.

Last edited:
Ok. Thank you very much for your reply. I think i just thought she was pregnant because she started getting fat. Thanks again:D

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back